What is an elliptical machine?
What is an elliptical machine?
Do you find it difficult to fix your mind up whether you buy an elliptical machine or not? Hmm, I am here to abolish your confusion altogether. Okay, alright, listen to me carefully. An elliptical machine is exceptionally suitable for the whole body workouts you will hardly get with any other devices. To inform you all about it, in this blog post, we will tell you about what an elliptical machine is and other things related to it. Let’s go through the following lines at a glance:
An elliptical machine
An elliptical machine is a kind of exercise machine. It’s also known as X-trainer or cross-trainer, and people use this stationary device for running, walking, and stair climbing. Incredibly, this one puts less pressure on your joints and lessens the possibility of injuries. That is why people like to use it for doing workouts. The machine is highly suitable for non-impact cardiovascular exercises. It has different speed modes, and for this reason, it allows you to select intensity levels according to your wish.
The device is ideal for upper and lower body workouts. But whether it works on both parts depends on the type of machine you have.
Types of elliptical machines
Generally, the drive or motor location differentiates the machine from one to another. Depending on it, you will have three types of ellipticals on the market. They are –
- Rear-drive (the oldest version)
- Front-drive (2nd generation)
- Center-drive (the latest version)
What is the elliptical good for?
An elliptical trainer is perfect for aerobic workouts. It takes care of your muscles, lungs, and heart. Besides, it improves your endurance and stamina. You can do both low and high-intensity interval training with the help of it. That is why people like to buy an elliptical rather than any other machines.
If you want to burn high calories within a short time, an elliptical machine is a perfect solution to your problem. Surprisingly, a man of 125 pounds can burn 270 calories if you use the device only for 30 minutes. Conversely, a person with 155 pounds can reduce 335 calories after using it for the same time.
Another advantage of the elliptical is that it provides a low-impact cardio option if you use it systematically. As a result, it tones your glutes and tightens them effectively. At the same time, it puts massive pressure on your abs and thus, helps you reshape the portion with ease.
Benefits of elliptical machines
The benefits of an elliptical machine cannot be described in words as it provides you with a variety of workout options. However, let’s know about some of the most important benefits at a glance from the following lines:
- Increases cardio capacity: The elliptical machine is the best medium of doing cardio exercise, also known as aerobic exercise. If you want a balanced workout, this machine is the suitable one for you. At the same time, it utilizes your lungs and heart and supplies more oxygen and blood to your muscles. As a result, your muscles, lungs, and heart become more substantial, and your endurance and stamina gradually improve.
- A calorie-burning weapon: If anyone wants to burn a massive number of calories within a short time, using an elliptical machine is the best solution. By using the device for only 30 minutes, one can burn 270 to 335 calories with ease! At the same time, it’s needed to take fewer calories than you burn.
- Takes care of the upper and lower body evenly: There is hardly any machine except an elliptical one suitable for upper and lower body workouts. As you need to use both of your hands and legs, it simultaneously pumps your arms and legs. As a result, your core muscles, triceps, biceps, back, chest, quads, hamstrings, and glutes become stronger day by day.
- Avoids injuries: Whether you run on a street or a treadmill, it puts massive pressure on your hips, ankles, knees, and other joints. So you have chances to be a victim of injuries. Conversely, using an elliptical does not have that kind of chance, and thus, it helps you avoid injuries.
- Burns fat quickly: I have already stated that an elliptical machine helps you burn a considerable number of calories within a quick possible time. As it burns more calories, simultaneously, it helps you burn fat quickly. Of course, the amount of fat-burning depends on the intensity of using the machine.
While using the device, you need to use both your hands and legs simultaneously. It has handles, and you need to hold them with your hands during the session. At the same time, it contains pedals, and you need to push them using your legs at that time. So the machine utilizes your whole body parts and makes them robust day by day. You will certainly not make any mistake if you buy it for your home use.