Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer Review in 2021
When it comes to affordable workout machines, we are always afraid of whether we will get a bank for our bucks or not. Currently, there are a lot of bad affordable magnetic elliptical trainers in the market mixed in with a few good ones. That is why we have taken it upon ourselves to separate the good from the bad.
Today, we are going to look at a specific cardio workout machine that has caught our eyes. That machine is the Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer.
Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer Cardio Workout Machine with Transport Wheels NS-40501E
- ALL-IN-ONE-WORKOUT STATION – With the Marcy elliptical machine, you can train your upper and lower body simultaneously. This is great for strengthening different muscle groups and executing comprehensive workouts at home
- 8 RESISTANCE LEVELS - This innovative workout machine simulates walking, running, and climbing stairs. It comes with a tension knob that allows you to turn the resistance up or down to customize your training according to your fitness needs
- LCD SCREEN DISPLAY – This elliptical bike has an ultra-functional battery-powered computer LCD screen that lets you keep track of time elapsed, distance traveled, and calories burned while monitoring your progress by scanning through the display
- ERGONOMIC HANDLES AND PEDALS – Equipped with vinyl-covered handles, this home gym machine lets you target different muscle groups and switch between leg and arm training. The oversized pedals allow you to train safely by accommodating all foot sizes
- DURABLE AND EASY TO TRANSPORT – This exercise gear includes handy transport wheels to conveniently move it from one room to another. Its quality is ensured with a 2-year manufacturer’s limited to let you maximize your purchase hassle-free
The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer is small and compact. It has assembled dimensions of 49 L x 24 W x 64 H inches. The weight of the machine after assembly is 33 kg, which translates to 73 lbs. It can support weights up to 136 kg, which is 300 lbs. The stride length of the machine is 1 foot or 12 inches.
Unfortunately, it does not have the incline feature. It has standard footplates with a ribbed surface to prevent slippages. The position of the pedals is adjustable to fit your reach.
The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer two AA batteries to power the exercise meter. It has eight levels of magnetic resistance that you can change using the tension knob. The parts of the elliptical trainer machine are made of steel tubing.
There are some ABS parts like the pedals and covers for the flywheel and magnetic resistance system. Compared to some of its competitors, the Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer is very easy to assemble. The base with the drive and resistance system comes preassembled.
- The rear base has stabilizers so you can use it on uneven ground.
- The flywheel provides bi-directional smooth and steady pedaling.
- The solid construction can hold weights up to 136 kgs or 300 lbs.
- The magnetic resistance ensures quiet operation during usage.
- The pedals have three attachment positions to fit your reach.
- When using the tablet holder, the console display is covered.
- The console display uses batteries, which need to be changed when they run out.
The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer has a magnetic resistance system. It does not need to be connected to a power outlet to use the adjustable resistance feature. It uses a resistance knob, which is located below the display. You can change the resistance while working out easily.
It does not use the display as well. So, even if the display is out of battery, you can change the resistance. It has eight levels of distinct tension levels that can help you meet your workout goals.
The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer has a display console that tracks your performance. It also has an odometer that records how far the bike has traveled so far during usage. The stats the display tracks are distance, time, current speed, and calories burned during usage.
However, since the handlebars do not have pulse readers. The display does not show your current heart rate. The speed and distance are shown in imperial units that are miles per hour and miles.
- Does the Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer come pre-assembled?
Ans: The base with the drive system and resistance system comes pre-assembled. The rest is pretty easy to assemble.
- Does the Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer use a power cord?
Ans: The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer does not need to be connected to a power socket. Only the display uses two AA batteries.
- What is the weight limit on the Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer?
Ans: The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer has a weight limit of 300 lbs.
The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer is one of the best budget workout machines out there. Although it does not have a pulse tracker. The extremely affordable price range makes up for it.
After trying and testing it for ourselves, we can vouch for its authenticity. The Marcy Magnetic Elliptical Trainer is worth every penny. It is hard to find such a good indoor cardio workout machine for your home gym.